About the Role
NAAMC has a volunteer or missionary-specific opportunity available for the role of Director of Marketing and Communications. Reporting to the COO, the Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for developing, managing, and executing ongoing public relations and marketing strategies and activities that safeguard and promote the reputation of the organization, elevating awareness of the organization's services and activities, and supporting the successful cultivation and acquisition of necessary resources.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following represents a list of essential duties and responsibilities; other duties may be assigned as required
• Build a comprehensive annual marketing plan, identify key audiences, research new opportunities, and set marketing goals
• Oversee the promotion and advertising efforts to drive sales and build brand awareness
• Utilize storytelling and metrics to establish NAAMC as a leader and convener in the Minority missions space
• Analyze target market information to identify and recommend effective marketing approaches
• Lead visioning and development of all marketing materials
• Support membership by helping to attract new corporate partnerships
• Draft communications and content to be viewed on external channels and social media
• Drive marketing and communication strategies for all programs, events and industry fundraisers
• Attend a minimum of two NAAMC events per year
5-7 years of marketing and communications experience, preferably in a nonprofit or impact organization space
Knowledge and experience in the ministry and missions preferred.
A commitment to and demonstrated success in maintaining a brand presence
Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
Experience in building and developing a team
A thorough understanding of marketing strategies and practices
A motivative, self-starter with the ability to develop goals, set milestones and report on progress
A demonstrated commitment to philanthropic activities, sustainable/responsible tourism, and a belief that diverse staff members and partners collectively produce more outstanding results
Ability to present in small and large settings for a diverse audience
Knowledge and experience with Canva, Adobe InDesign/Illustrator, and Trello project management a plus
Able to travel both domestically and internationally when needed
This is a Fully Remote Work Opportunity with some on-site events required.
About the Company
The National African American Missions Council (NAAMC) is a 501(c)(3) working tirelessly to transform people into effective advocates in establishing a global missions ministry within their local church. We promote short-term experiences in missions that often lead to long-term service. We also equip church influencers and innovators to help revive the African American missions focus and take action towards keeping their church engaged in the Great Commission.
The National African American Missions Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer.